Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 9: Daddy Survives...AGAIN!

We had a very slow morning and decided to hang out around the apartment in the a.m. since I had to leave at 12:30 to go to DAS in Paloquemao.  Amaya slept all night in her crib and woke up at 5:30 am.  I picked her up and put her back to sleep in our bed.  It was a tight fit with all 4 of us in a full size bed.  At least we were warm and snuggly!  We got out of bed at around 8:30 and got the girls dressed and ready for breakfast.  I was able to squeeze in a shower and only heard Amaya cry for about 3 minutes :S.

Amaya and Mark's relationship continues to have its ups and downs.  She will not cry if he picks her up when I am not around.  When I am around she has a complete meltdown.  Now she does not like Mark to feed her when I am around.  She will throw a tantrum and eat between crying fits.  She has been venturing off more and more independently and will play games on the living room floor with Mark, Alejandra and I.

On the paperwork front, I was SO excited to get my "pasado judicial."  I almost passed out while waiting because I was so nervous that they wouldn't give it to me.  But my nervousness was unnecessary as the process was pretty easy once I got into the office.  The only thing I didn't have was the phone number for where we are staying so I made one up.  I knew I would get the clearance instantly so I wasn't concerned.  It took about 1 hour to go through the entire process and I felt like celebrating as I passed the armed guards on the way out of the DAS office!

I got home to find Amaya sleeping in the stroller and a very happy Alejandra.  Daddy reported a successful afternoon with a thumbs up sign.  He took the girls for a walk in the stroller and Amaya Fernanda fell asleep about 15 minutes into the walk.  She cried for about 3 minutes initially but then didn't shed any tears after that.  It was a gorgeous day for being outside so we headed back out to the park and played for about 1 hour.  Alejandra met a couple of friends and Amaya decided that sitting in between my legs was the best spot in the whole park.

We came back in at around 5:00 p.m. and the dreaded dinner/bedtime routine started.  Amaya cried her way through dinner and then proceeded to cry after dinner when I told her we couldn't go out for a walk in the stroller.  We tried to make her content by playing with some toys, but it was very temporary.  We headed up for a bath and she was happy playing in the tub.  But once she got out the whining started again until she got a bottle and rocked to sleep.  I placed her in the crib and she woke up crying, but she quickly put herself back to bed.  We might have won the battle of no rocking at bedtime....we can only hope!

Tomorrow is a great day because my mom and aunt are coming into town!  We are excited to head out to other parts of Bogota with them and explore some more of the city.  It feels like a little piece of home will be arriving here tomorrow and we can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. yay! glad family will be there to help out and lend support! praying the adjustment period flies by. can't wait to see pics of the girls! you guys rock! congrats, again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading your post every morning, I look forward to hearing about your progress with Amaya. So happy to hear your mommy is coming out, praise God. I will continue to pray for your precious family. Blessings mi amiga! Besos

    ReplyDelete