I got up at 6:00 and got ready to head out to DAS with our agency representative. Just as I was getting ready to go Amaya Fernanda woke up crying. She held her arms up and Mark picked her up and rocked her back to sleep. She didn't fuss or cry over him holding her. They had an okay morning together. Some crying fits mixed in with some healthy bonding time. I had no luck getting my paperwork taken care of due to my dual citizenship. So tomorrow I will be working on that again....this means Mark is going to be on 2 daughter duty again in the afternoon.
Once I got home we packed up and headed out to Santa Fe mall to take Alejandra to Divercity. It is the most amazing place for kids! It is an entire city with jobs, money, atm's, banks for kids. We got their kind of late and their was a school field trip there so Alejandra only got to visit the bank, the ATM, make chocolate at the Chocolatina Jet factor, be an astronaut, and a dentist. She LOVED it and she so deserved a day dedicated to her after how amazing she has been. We are definitely going back there because we only got to see one floor and there are two more! While at Divercity, Amaya Fernanda was having a blast as well. She was in the carrier and I was holding her. She was laughing, giggling, and observing it all. When Mark pulled out the camera she pointed at it and let out a little whine. At first we didn't understand, we thought she might be scared of the camera. But, the opposite was true. Mark focused the camera in on her and she smiled and posed. Apparently she is used to having her picture taken.We did some shopping at the mall for Mark and the girls. Amaya was finally being like a toddler, getting into stuff, exploring, walking, and interacting with her environment. We did have a little bit of a regression with her and Mark. She didn't want to even hold his hand while walking today...so that was a bit of a dissapointment. But, we have a lifetime to work on their relationship and we are sure it will get stronger as time goes on and she realizes what an amazing dad he is.
We got back to the apartment, had dinner, and the dreaded bedtime came...we had some whining again and that was difficult, but thankfully at 9:30 we can report that both girls are sleeping soundly in their respective beds. Tomorrow we are going for an early morning walk and then I have to leave at lunchtime to take care of my "pasado judicial" at DAS. We are hoping that I can get my paperwork done and that some nice bonding time happens for Daddy and Amaya Fernanda.
We are also SUPER excited to have my mom and aunt flying out tomorrow night to come and be with us in Bogota. I think having them here will make us feel less isolated. We love having this apartment, but we miss the support we got from the other adoptive families going through the same process as us. I also can't wait for Alejandra to see her nana because she has been missing her terribly these last few days.
Until tomorrow....
Just a note to let you know we are checking in daily and praying for you guys. Can't wait to see some pics of the girls! So happy for you all :) !!
ReplyDelete