Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 14: Kermesse

Amaya Fernanda had another GREAT night last night.  She slept the whole night and let everyone else in the house sleep as well.  We all got up and got ready to head out the door to the kermesse.  It was an uneventful walk down to the hotel and once we got there it started raining.  We walked around a bit and we ended up buying 2 pieces of art from an artist here in Colombia.  I already have one at home, but I had to get these other 2 pieces they are beautiful.  The artist uses wood and carves them into a picture.  I got one of a little indigeneous child riding on his mother back and another one with two children peeking through a door.  I already have the perfect spot in mind of where I want to hang them once we get home.

After the kermesse we headed over to Crepes and Waffles for lunch.  It was as good this time as it was last week!  Both girls shared a meal and Alejandra got the cutest little desert for dinner.  Mark, my aunt, and Fernanda headed back home after lunch while we stayed and did the grocery shopping for the week.   The plan was for Fernanda to nap, but of course her plans were different than ours.  Fernanda stood strong today and decided she wasn't really into napping at all.  So of course she is very whiny, cranky, and crying right now.  This should make for a very enjoyable evening for ALL ;)

UPDATE:
Well we got a visit this evening from the Colombia police...nice.  Seems as though one of our neighbors complained that there is a little girl that cries and cries and is being mistreated.  So after having to explain the whole process to the police, showing them our custody papers, and them looking for signs of abuse on Amaya Fernada they said they understood and left.  In the meantime, this makes us all an emotional wreck.  It doesn't feel right to have someone question the welfare of your children and how you are caring for them.

Until tomorrow....

2 comments:

  1. Oh Debs, If those neighbors lived next door to us we'd have CPS at our door daily! Donovan screams like it's his job! Don't even give it one single thought, You and Mark are the most amazing parents I've ever known and you have no need to prove it to anyone. I'm glad Amaya had a great night's sleep. I hope tonight is the same. Love to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for u guys. sorry to hear about the police. hang in there.

    ReplyDelete