Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 28: Big Sister Day!

Today Abuelita Nana said she would take care of Amaya Fernanda.  We love the addition to our family but she cries A LOT when I am around and I needed a couple of hours to have a mental break from the crying and whining.  Apparently when I am not around the whining and crying stops.  SO...off we headed with Alejandra with us for a walk to a store called Artesanias Maku.  We walked over the bridge into Santa Barbara where Mark, Alejandra, and I sat down to have lunch at Crepes & Waffles.  We had another amazing lunch (haven't had a bad one yet) and then we proceeded to walk to the store.  Unfortunately Maku was not open, so we decided to stop at Juan Valdez for a latte before we headed back home.  That was followed by a stop at Pepe Ganga because they had a 35% off sale and we needed some baby essentials for Fernanda.  Alejandra enjoyed being with us today, she was walking, skipping, jumping, and even got a piggy back ride.  She REALLY needed this alone time with us to reconnect.  The crying apparently wears on her a little bit as well too. 

At a certain point, when we were out laughing and enjoying ourselves,  I almost felt guilty for having such a great time without Fernanda.  But, once we got home and I had a chance to reenergize I was ready for the crying and my patience level was up.  I finally felt like a happy mom ready for any challenge.  Thank goodness I got that time because as soon as Fernanda saw me she started wailing again.  I just scooped her up and gave her a kiss.  We all missed her and Alejandra even said out loud that she had missed her baby sister.  Alejandra was also in a better mood tonight and making better decisions than she has the past few days.  It was a much needed rest for all of us....

Tonight Amaya Fernanda had a great bathtime she even walked over to her dad and gave him a kiss.n  Then when we went to put her to bed she cried again as Mark left the room.  I called him back into the room and she stopped crying.  At one point, as I was putting her to sleep she peeked over my shoulder to make sure he was still there. Then she turned, closed her eyes, and fell asleep.  Maybe within the next week Mark can actually try a bedtime by himself....we can only dream! :)

After Amaya Fernanda's bedtime we packed up some of our luggage in preparation for our leave on Thursday.  We are excited to be headed home to San Marcos and get Amaya Fernanda and Alejandra Sofia back into a routine.  Alejandra today mentioned that she missed her big girl bed, her backyard, her toys, gymnastics, and preschool.  She said that she wanted to see Sydney, Lolo, and Carly.  Now that she saw the luggage get pulled out again she is starting to put it all together.  We are almost home...SO CLOSE!

Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment