Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday, Sunday.

So for many people Sunday is not well liked and Monday.....well a lot of people really aren't fond of that day either.  But, for us we look forward to Monday more than any other day because it means the start of a new work week for ICBF, USCIS and CHI.  It means another opportunity to move forward with the adoption and meet our Tiny A.

In preparation for the tentative April 18th encuentro date I had to find a long term substitute to fill my position.  I never thought I would still be sitting here waiting for that confirmation.  I was CERTAIN we would have been confirmed at some point last week.  SO this means I only have 3 more work days left.  I will be at school Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and that's it.   I thought we would fly out on Friday, but now....it looks like that won't be happening.

 I'm trying to remain positive and think of all of the last minute things I will be able to take care of since I won't be working.  I will go with my class to a field trip on Friday and coming in to help out while I'm still here.  Since I won't be at work I can do some last minute paperwork running around like the Colombian Visa for Mark, which entails a trip to the County Clerk and up to the Secretary of State in Los Angeles, then finally the Colombian embassy.  We've got airline tickets to book and still some packing to take care of.

We also are SO thankful that there was NO government shutdown that could've have potentially put some serious delays for people in the adoption community (not to mention other awful things like no pay).

So Hello Sunday and we welcome you Monday......YEAH MONDAY....bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Debs the suspense is killing me... I can only imagine how you must be feeling. Keeping my fingers crossed for a confirmation soon. I love you guys so, so much and think of you all the time. XO
    PS I watched "Happiest Baby" again and found sweet Sydney unmistakably. Daddy's USC polo gave it away. ;)

    ReplyDelete