So on top of the call I made to the visa center I also emailed the US Embassy in Bogota. I originally tried calling them but was told that they only answer questions on Wednesday from 2-4. SO....we're not sure what caused us to receive an amazing email from someone at the US Embassy in Bogota today but the email told us the file had been received and they were ready to issue the Article 5 as soon as our agency representative arrived to claim it.
Unfortunately, we got the email late in the day (1:50 ish) and by the time we were able to talk to our adoption agency it was almost 3:00 PST. So the GREAT news is that HOORAY, the article 5 will be issued.....next stop setting up an appointment with ICBF so we can meet our sweet little tiny A. We're hoping that we can get a travel date tomorrow...at the very latest Thursday (PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE). Then we are off to get a document notarized, apostilled, and then over to the Colombian Embassy in Los Angeles so Mark can get his visa.
:D
YEAHHHH!!!
ReplyDelete