Saturday, February 12, 2011

Retail Therapy

Stating the obvious:  All this waiting is really hard!

So on Friday I (Debi) had a day off from work and a few hours to spare.  I decided to hit the mall and buy the one thing I've spent hours researching.  I need to be ready to carry 2-4 changes of clothes (at least one for each child), diapers (probably for the newest Adelman), 2 sweaters/jackets, snacks, a camera and of course a wallet.  I wanted a backpack because I need to be hands-free with Alejandra.  But, I wanted something girly.

Makes me smile :D.
What beautiful bag would suit all of these needs?  I narrowed it down to the Ju-Ju Be BFF and Petunia Pickle Bottom(PPB) Boxy Backpack.   I had said that I would wait until the referral, but I needed something tangible to show that this little one was coming soon. So off I went to the mall to search for the perfect diaper bag.  I tried on both bags, looked at myself in the mirror and then went with the PPB Boxy Backpack.  Now I just needed to make a color choice.  Again....repeat the try on, look in the mirror routine.....Finally, I took the plunge.  There were other purchases made (but none I would EVER admit too).  But, more importantly I was able to not obsessively think about the referral for at least 3 hours.  A tiny mind diversion for a few hours.

Then I brought it home and stored it away in the closet in the nursery :(.  Back to waiting and that knot in my stomach has returned....Again we wait until Monday.  Patience...patience...patience....

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Girl....know that I am praying for you and your family thru this transition time. It seems there are a "few" girls I know lately that needed to deal with a patience issue (G)!!!! But as we know, patience is a virtue with great reward!!! But in the meantime I say SHOP SHOP and SHOP some more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my girl! I prayed for you during my 3 am feeding last night. XOXO

    ReplyDelete